Thursday 5 January 2017

Print Day/Tutorial Six

Printing the Practical Outcome

Despite my level of sheer and utter panic with regards to producing a practical outcome (this time last week), I successfully printed and bound my picture book,'accepted?' today! 






I showed it to some of my peers, who commented on the visual quality of the drawings and the link it demonstrates with my research; yet I somehow feel like it is somewhat of an underwhelming final piece at level six. I know that I have proposed for the illustrations to be presented in an exhibition as well, but I just don't feel like it gives much of a 'wow' factor. I will write a list of questions to gain some constructive advice in tomorrows final crit. 


Tutorial

I discussed my recent decision to refine my essay question to focus on self-acceptance with Pete today, as well as presenting my practical outcome which he seemed to be pleased with (I hope?)

With a week to go until the final hand in, I still have a lot to do in terms of refining the essay as well as tying up all of the loose  ends within the project in general.

  • Don't write about things I'm not so sure about in too much detail (i.e. Marxism!)
  • The overarching theme is the same as the topic, really 
  • Mention the moral choices within illustration and the notion of marketing aware of what we think about us isn't true
  • Restructure the Second chapter so that it makes sense! 
  • In the conclusion, comment on how Barthes fits in with the theories of Freud and Lacan (idealised self) as well as how advertising takes advantage of those things
  • Comment on the morality of it

No comments:

Post a Comment